In today’s interview, Kris talks with Dr. Shanita Williams, a TEDx Speaker, HR Leader and author of the newly released book, Feedback Mentality: The key to unlocking and unleashing your potential. Shanita specializes in helping people S.I.F.T. through the feedback that causes anxiety or stress and gives ideas for taking action in a healthy way.
Dr. Shanita Williams was born and raised in the East Bay Area of California. In 2014, Dr. Williams relocated to Southern New Hampshire to pursue her professional goals. In 2015, she completed researched called, “She Made It” where she explored the lived experiences of African American working mothers as students. The research revealed the power of positive self talk in pursuit of ones goals.
She is a Human Resources Leader, TEDx Speaker and Coach. She has spent the last 15 years of her career coaching, mentoring and training countless individuals with the sole intent of creating conditions that empower them to reach their highest authentic potential. She believes that everyone has latent potential and that we are simply on the road to unlocking and unleashing it.
What you’ll find in this episode:
- How her book, Feedback Mentality, was born.
- How someone can get conscious enough to really develop that feedback mentality.
- “It’s the person giving the feedback that has to change the way they give it so I can hear it.” Why that’s a myth.
- What it means to get clear about your own personal triggers.
- Things to remember when delivering feedback.
- Throwing stones versus stepping stones.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- Information about Dr. Shanita Williams:
TEDx Talk – “Process feedback with a strainer, not a sponge”
Book – Feedback Mentality: The key to unlocking and unleashing your potential
- How to CEO – meet with our director of client engagement, Amy, and get your questions answered. Go to KrisPlachy.com/appointment and book some time with her.
- Come connect with me on Instagram here or on Facebook here.
- Let me know what questions you have or what you think at email@example.com
- I’d be honored, if you find this podcast of value, if you would write a review. Then DM me on Instagram or Facebook or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know it was you. Then we’ll send you my favorite books list!