In today’s interview, Kris talks with CEO and co-founder of The Life Coach School, Brooke Castillo. Listen, learn and laugh as they discuss ideas for navigating these crazy times.
BiographyBrooke Castillo is the CEO and co-founder of The Life Coach School, now in its 13th year. Brooke has coached thousands of clients individually and in groups to improve their lives, their weight, their businesses, and their careers. She is a Master Certified Life and Weight Coach who provides an example of what is possible. She also hosts one of the most highly rated podcasts on iTunes: The Life Coach School Podcast.
Education has always been sacred ground to Brooke. She always loved school and learning. She went to a very small, private elementary school for eight years called Hillbrook, in Los Gatos, CA. It is here that Brooke, in classes of 8-10 students, got the attention and direction she needed to become a life-long student. She went on to study at a private high school, Presentation, and then finally graduate from a small liberal arts school in California, Santa Clara University.
When Brooke decided to open a school with her husband, Chris Castillo, she knew exactly what she wanted to create. She wanted to create the Yale of Life Coach Schools. She wanted a small classroom size with motivated students who have taken the time to qualify for such an amazing education and, ultimately, profession. As the school has grown in size and prestige, she has always kept her purpose of creating an “Ivy League” coaching School.
What you’ll find in this episode:
- What Brooke’s first thoughts were once she realized the pandemic was going to last more than a couple of weeks.
- “When you don’t have control over what you get, you have to take control over what you can give.” ~ Brooke
- “Value is in my mind and not in the world.” ~ Brooke
- Brooke’s thoughts and advice on pivoting now.
- “Create some virtual solutions that will serve you long-term.” ~ Brooke
- Kris’ “Stop. Start. Continue” exercise.
- “All of your power as a business owner, as a leader, is in your ability to make decisions.” ~ Brooke
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- The Life Coach School podcast
- Brooke on Instagram
- The Life Coach School on Facebook
- Kris and Brooke’s Entrepreneurial Management program
- The Founder’s Lab. Kris’private coaching program for female founders who are generating more than 7-figures in their revenue. It’s a complement to the Entrepreneurial Management program (with Brooke Castillo) and is part of the work you get as a client of hers.
- Kris’ new program Leading Through Crazy Times.
- Reply to any of Kris’ emails or go to Instagram or Facebook and let her know how she can help. What are the top things that are on your mind?
- Kris reads reviews on the show! If you like this podcast, please leave a review. Go to your podcast app and find the reviews section. Thank you!
- Go here to book an appointment with me.