It’s normal for human beings to desire comfort and to avoid change, but working for an entrepreneur can be “disruptive.” We need our employees to come along with us. So, what do you do when you have employees who settle and become complacent? It’s not really their fault. The first person you have to look at — is you.
What you’ll find in this episode:
- How comfort and safety can become so much a part of what employees think and feel that they don’t really take their job seriously anymore.
- Complacency is a natural part of most relationships.
- The importance of doing regular coaching sessions, one-on-one feedback sessions and some sort of performance agreement/review process.
- If you’re feeling like you’re not getting what you want from people on the team – the first person to look at is you.
- How having clear expectations and clear goals can help.
- If they’ve been in the job for a while, shake it up. Challenge them a bit!
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- If you wrote a review of my show on your favorite podcast service and haven’t sent us the screenshot yet, be sure to do that. I’ll send you a beautiful, white, embossed How to CEO journal as a thank you (sorry, we can only mail them in the U.S.). You can either share the screenshot on Instagram (tag me @krisplachycoach) or you can email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to CEO – go to howtoCEOregister.com. All the information is there, and you can schedule an appointment to chat with my client engagement director, Amy.
- Come connect with me on Instagram here or on Facebook here.
- Let me know what questions you have or what you think at email@example.com
- I’d be honored, if you find this podcast of value, if you would write a review. Then DM me on Instagram or Facebook or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know it was you. Then we’ll send you my favorite books list!