In today’s interview, Kris talks with Meha Agrawal, South Asian American CEO and founder of Silk + Sonder. Silk + Sonder is a community-driven program which is rooted in principles of positive psychology whose mission is to solve the emotional health epidemic for their customers. At its core, Silk + Sonder is a space for mindfulness, journaling, planning, tracking, and creative expression — all in one.
South Asian American CEO and founder of Silk + Sonder, Meha Agrawal, an alum of Goldman Sachs, The Muse and Stitch Fix & 2019 Tory Burch fellow, became immersed in the world of technology, consumer products, and entrepreneurship leading her to launch her own startup – Silk + Sonder, a subscription-based mental wellness journaling experience for the modern woman that is rooted in self-care and community.
After working on Silk + Sonder nights and weekends as a side hustle, Meha launched the analog-first, community-driven program, which is rooted in principles of positive psychology. Silk + Sonder’s mission is to solve the emotional health epidemic for their customers versus be a band-aid fix. At its core, Silk + Sonder is a space for mindfulness, journaling, planning, tracking, and creative expression — all in one.
What you’ll find in this episode:
- What the word “sonder” means.
- Meha’s compelling reason for creating Silk + Sonder.
- Why Meha felt her bootstrap business required some injected capital.
- What it was like building her team.
- Meha’s biggest mistake as she was growing her team.
- How to vet people you want to bring on to your team.
- Meha’s favorite books – see links below.
- The thought leaders Meha follows.
- What is a “dream manager” and how could it fit in at Silk + Sonder?
- Valuable advice from Meha to other women.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- Meha’s favorite books:
The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller
Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter by Liz Wiseman
Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions by Dr. Dan Ariely
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle
- The Dream Manager by Matthew Kelly
- How to connect with Meha: Silk + Sonder website and Silk + Sonder on Instagram
- If you are a female entrepreneur leading her own business, trying to figure out how to deal with all things “team,” go to howtoceoregister.com for more information.
- Come connect with me on Instagram here or on Facebook here.
- Let me know what questions you have or what you think at email@example.com
- I’d be honored, if you find this podcast of value, if you would write a review. Then DM me on Instagram or Facebook or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know it was you. Then we’ll send you my favorite books list!