In today’s interview, Kris talks with Dr. Camille Broussard Wise, a scholar-practitioner of leadership, management, and advancing diversity and equity. A passionate social justice advocate, she holds a safe space for inquiry and growth while also equipping leader-learners with tools to facilitate their own growth and accountability.
Dr. Camille Broussard Wise is a scholar-practitioner of leadership, management, and advancing diversity and equity by meeting leaders where they are and skillfully guiding them to an understanding of blind spots they didn’t realize they had.
A career public administrator and organizational development consultant, Camille brings, and is excited to share, a wealth of knowledge in operationalizing equity within and throughout organizations and companies, starting with their leaders. During her tenure she managed teams of upwards of 200 employees, overseeing budgets in excess of $30M.
Utilizing competencies honed while attaining her doctoral degree in Leadership & Management, Camille stays abreast of current and emerging research and movements that she incorporates into her role as both college professor and advisor to dynamic leader-learners. We are so honored to have Dr. Wise as an Advisor to the Kris Plachy Coaching Group and for our clients in The Founder’s Lab and private coaching programs.
A passionate social justice advocate, she holds a safe space for inquiry and growth while also equipping leader-learners with tools to facilitate their own growth and accountability.
What you’ll find in this episode:
- The distinction between racism as a system and being a racist.
- The importance of educating yourself.
- De-center yourself and your feelings.
- Having empathy for someone else’s perspective.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- I’ve hired a diversity advisor, Dr. Camille Broussard Wise, to work with me, and she will also be working with all of my clients. Go here for our course on Conscious Inclusion for Female Entrepreneurs.
- The How to Manage Virtual Employees Course
- The Q2 Pivot program – because I think quarter 2 is going to be the groundwork for the rest of the year. This includes 14 lessons. The first lesson was about leadership stamina. This is part of the Founder’s Lab and part of the one on one coaching program I offer. Go to www.krisplachy.com/join.
- The Founder’s Lab. The Founder’s Lab is doing well and getting busy. We may have to limit enrollment. You have until the 3rd week in July to join us. This is my private coaching program for female founders who are generating more than 7-figures in their revenue. It’s a complement to the Entrepreneurial Management program (with Brooke Castillo) and is part of the work you get as a client of mine.
- Reply to any of my emails or go to Instagram or Facebook and let me know how I can help. What are the top things that are on your mind?
- Get on my subscriber list here.
- I read reviews on the show! If you like this podcast, please leave a review. Go to your podcast app and find the reviews section. Thank you!
- Go here to book an appointment with me.