Ep #148: Vanessa Van Edwards – The Science of People
Vanessa Van Edwards is Lead Investigator at Science of People where she unlocks the formulas and patterns behind human behavior for hundreds of thousands of students in over 200 countries. She is the national bestselling author of Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People, available in 14 languages around the world. Her work has been featured on CNN, NPR, BBC, and Fast Company and dozens more.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- How and why she created People School.
- There are 12 basic skills everyone needs in addition to their job skills.
- Two trends Vanessa noticed that had to do with timing.
- The three “buckets” (types) of people.
- The three solutions for helping those people who come to a job without all the skills they need.
- Three suggestions for professional development courses.
- The reason being a female has been both good and challenging for Vanessa.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- Professional development courses mentioned: LinkedIn Learning, Udemy and Creative Life.
- You Are Contagious – Vanessa’s TEDx Talk
- Vanessa’s YouTube channel
- If you like the podcast, please post a comment or review on iTunes.
- If you haven’t joined my subscribers list, you can email me at email@example.com and let me know you’d like to be added to the mailing list.
- If you know a woman who runs her own business, please tell her about this podcast.