Ep #149: Why Employees Don’t Do What You Want
Have you set clear expectations for your employees? Maybe you know what the result should look like but you’re not doing a good job explaining it clearly to them. It’s hard to hit a moving or non-existent target.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Set crystal clear expectations. A fifth grader should be able to understand what you want.
- Hold them accountable.
- What are the consequences of not meeting expectations?
- If you’ve held them accountable and they’re still not meeting expectations, you’re waiting on someone to change based on the fact that you want them to.
- Allowing this to continue sets a substandard performance expectation.
- If you’re not acting like an A player, you won’t attract other A players.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- You can set up time to meet with me on my website here.
- Like the podcast? Please post a comment or review on iTunes.
- Haven’t joined my subscribers list? Email me at email@example.com and let me know you’d like to be added to the mailing list.
- If you know a woman who runs her own business, please tell her about this podcast.