Ep #9: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Treat Your Business Like a Family
When some of the habits we have with our families come into our business, it can lead to problems. If you have people on the team who’ve been with you a while, listen to this for some quick and simple advice.
What you’ll find in this episode:
- Your business is there to make money and serve a purpose. It’s not there to be an employer.
- A business is not there to suffer and indulge dysfunction. It’s there to get the work done and serve the purpose of the business.
- Businesses need to have clearly defined, communicated and accountable to, expectations.
- A business has to have accountability to outcomes. When leaders want to treat people like a family, they don’t hold them accountable.
- Your business has to factor in how growth affects the team it has now versus the team that was hired before.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- Set up a time to meet with me on my website here.
- If you like the podcast, please post a comment or review on iTunes.
- Reach out to me by emailing me at email@example.com.
- If you haven’t joined my email subscribers list, you can do that here.