Ep #26: The Interview with Eleanor Beaton, Founder of Fierce Feminine Leadership
Kris talks with Eleanor Beaton, founder of Fierce Feminine Leadership, an organization that helps ambitious women develop the confidence, presence, political savvy and influence they need to smash the glass ceiling.
Eleanor Beaton is a women’s leadership mentor and founder of Fierce Feminine Leadership, an organization that helps ambitious women develop the confidence, presence, political savvy and influence they need to smash the glass ceiling and take their seats at the tables where the big deals and big decisions are made. She is also an award-winning journalist and host of the Fierce Feminine Leadership podcast. Eleanor has served as Chair of the Visiting Women’s Executive Exchange Program at the Yale School of Management. She currently sits on the boards of Innovacorp and Invest Nova Scotia.
Eleanor was the winner of the 2018 Nova Scotia Export Achievement Award: Business of Diversity Champion of the Year. In 2017, she won the prestigious Profiles in Diversity “Women Worth Watching” Award for her work promoting diversity and inclusion. She was also named Canada’s Leadership Coach of the Year by the 2017 Corporate Excellence Awards.
Eleanor has been privileged to serve some of the country’s most recognized women leaders, including Arlene Dickinson, star of CBC’s hit show Dragon’s Den and former Canadian First Lady Margaret Trudeau.
An international keynote speaker, Eleanor has presented at conferences whose rosters include such notables as former US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, Oscar-nominated actress Taraji P. Henson and 23andMe Inc. co-founder Anne Wojcicki.
What you’ll find in this episode:
- One of the most important factors for a leader is embarrassability.
- What Eleanor thinks makes a great team. “For me, the thing that threads a team together is this sense of trust in one another.” – Eleanor
- I have found as I brought people into my team, that they have their own zones of genius and that allows me to continue to withdraw from certain areas and focus on a smaller area that has broader impact. – Eleanor
- What Eleanor’s vision is.
- “I love the men! I coach men! I love the men! But women lead differently.” – Kris
- “Delegation does give you time… eventually.” – Kris
- “As soon as you have the right team, everything is exponentially better.” – Kris
- “To do consistent effort over time, we have to be able to rest and catch our breath through the hard things.” – Eleanor
- “Don’t worry if your body shakes, it’s just weakness leaving your body.” – Kris’ yoga instructor
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- Ali Brown – Glambition® Radio
- Eleanor’s podcast – Fierce Feminine Leadership
- A book recommended by Brooke Castillo called Do Scale: A Road Map to Growing A Remarkable Company by Les McKeown
- Patty McCord’s book Powerful: Building a Culture of Freedom and Responsibility
- Kris’ podcast episode You Can’t Short Cut Human Capital
- Set up a time to meet with Kris on her website here.
- If you like the podcast, please post a comment or review on Apple Podcasts.
- Reach out to Kris by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Haven’t joined Kris’ email subscribers list? You can do that here.