From the Archives: Future Self, Self-Care
Every decision today is an opportunity to care for yourself in advance.
- Blocking your vacation cares for your future self when you’re ready to take the time off.
- Planning your full week on Monday means your Friday self can walk away from the week accomplished and grateful you knew what to do and when to do it.
- Writing the job descriptions for your positions means your future self doesn’t have to struggle when you have hire a replacement.
- Memorializing your systems and processes today means your future self knows exactly what needs to be done in two months when you forgot what it was that you did that worked so well.
Yes, it takes a minute to care for your future self.
But you will be her someday.
And she (you) will be so grateful that your past self took the time to invest in care.
Each moment of each day is an opportunity to care for who you are becoming.
So, if you can’t take time out to care for yourself at this minute, I’d like to invite you to think about the women who is ahead of you… waiting for you to get there.
She is holding your beautiful wisdom.
She knows all the things you need to do.
She will tell you if you listen.
She’ll tell you… please, take care of your body…
- Please, be more kind to yourself.
- Please, don’t tolerate THAT anymore.
- Please trust yourself.
- Go for it.
- Do the thing you want most.
- Take the action.
- Make the decision.
- I’m here… I’m waiting… I’ve got you.
You and your future self can curate a lovely relationship.
I can promise you, she wants you to win.
So, take a quick minute.
Have a chat with you of today and you of the future.
- What does she have to say?
- What wisdom does she have to share?
- What would she so appreciate if you would do, to provide her self-care?
Practicing future self, self-care is truly one of the most vital investments you can make, each and every day.