Today we’re talking about some warning signs to watch out for when you’re hiring a new employee. You’ve probably experienced some, or all, of these. And out of desperation, you may have found yourself making excuses for them or overlooking them. So I’m here to validate that these really are warning signs that an employee isn’t going to work out.
What you’ll find in this episode:
- Why someone who is late to an interview is a warning sign.
- Why you should have everybody do an assignment before you hire them.
- It’s a bad sign when someone calls in sick when they first get started with you.
- Why someone who immediately starts making excuses and justifying it is another red flag.
- How overall dismissal or tone deafness is a warning sign.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- Registration is open for, How To CEO. If you are a female entrepreneur leading her own business, trying to figure out how to deal with all things “team” – like hiring, firing, holding people accountable, having difficult conversations, getting work done through others, delegating, dealing with difficult employees, how to coach versus how to manage – go to howtoceoregister.com.
- Come connect with me on Instagram here or on Facebook here.
- Let me know what questions you have or what you think at email@example.com
- I’d be honored, if you find this podcast of value, if you would write a review. Then DM me on Instagram or Facebook or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know it was you. Then we’ll send you my favorite books list!