Entrepreneurs struggle with employees not taking ownership the same way that they do. Here are some suggestions for ways to handle a situation when someone doesn’t take responsibility for a task, and an example of how an ownership conversation ought to go.
What you’ll find in this episode:
- Why ownership is a personal responsibility.
- How getting out of an employee’s way, in order to foster ownership, is different than abdication.
- What “mis-delegating” means.
- An example of a frustrating ownership conversation and suggestions for what to do instead.
- Essential competencies that I believe every employee should come to the table with.
- What not to do when someone doesn’t take ownership.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- Thinking Fatigue for Female Entrepreneurs | Ep #76
- We’ll be launching a new, live course in September called How to CEO for Entrepreneurs. This group doesn’t have any revenue requirement, and we’re going to have some very preeminent entrepreneur guest speakers live every week. The registration for this first group will be limited, so go here to get on the waitlist.
- Let me know what questions you have or what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow me on Instagram and send me a DM.
- I’d be honored, if you find this podcast of value, if you would write a review. Then DM me on Instagram or Facebook or email me at email@example.com and let me know it was you. Then we’ll send you my favorite books list!