Being able to give feedback for a female entrepreneur is not negotiable. You HAVE to get good at this. Here is what your responsibility is and a few tools to help you improve at this critical skill.
What you’ll find in this episode:
- Your only responsibility in regard to feedback is just to give it.
- Don’t give it when you’re angry or don’t have all the information yet, and don’t base it on other people’s opinions.
- Step one – be direct and teacher-like.
- Step two – engage them and get them to talk. Determine if it’s a mindset issue or a skill set issue.
- Advice on what to do with new employees.
- Third step – now you must transition into performance conversations (we’ll talk about this in another episode).
- Another reason why getting good at feedback is super powerful for a female entrepreneur.
- The goal of feedback is to give someone perspective that will help them change their performance so they get a different and better result.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- I’m launching a new group called The Founder’s Lab at the end of October where I will be teaching and coaching a very small group of smart businesswomen. I’m currently scheduling consultations. Go here to book an appointment with me and fill out the application.
- Please write a review of my podcast. Go to iTunes’ main page here and give it a 5 star if you feel it is worthy and write a review. Do a screen shot and go to Instagram and put that on your story or feed and tag me @KrisPlachyCoach. I will then send you a list of all of my most favorite books that I’ve read over the years.
- Reach out to me by emailing me at email@example.com.
- If you haven’t joined my email subscribers list, you can do that here.