Kris talks with Kim Hall, founder of Physio2U, the largest in-home physical therapy company in Western Canada. As a trained physical therapist, Kim has worked hard to develop her business acumen and her leadership and entrepreneur skills.
BiographyAfter establishing her career in the public health system in Canada, Kim recognized a gap in the provision of in-home, private rehabilitation services. She started Physio2U in 2012, and it has grown to be the largest in-home physical therapy company in Western Canada.
Since Kim is a trained physical therapist, she has worked hard to develop her business acumen, leadership and entrepreneur skills. In 2016, she was winner of Western Canada for the Canadian Women Entrepreneur Awards and in 2017 she was recognized as a YWCA Women of Distinction for Entrepreneurship. Kim also contributes to her industry as a member of the Board of Directors for the College of Physical Therapists of BC and as a mentor for internationally educated physiotherapists through the University of British Columbia.
What you’ll find in this episode:
- What Kim’s business growth has required she learn about herself.
- Advice for those who feel they don’t have time to build out the various systems in their business that allow them to move into an overseeing role.
- “You have to live it to give it.” – Kris
- The unexpected thing that Kim learned.
- Why Kim thinks it’s challenging to manage adults/professionals.
- “Until you clear your mind and emotions of this extra stuff that we all bring, you won’t be able to be an effective manager.” – Kim
- “I’ve learned that other people don’t work as hard as the founder does.” – Kim
- “You have the choice, and you can create the life you want.” – Kim
- “A lot of people quit because of the people part.” – Kris
- “Continue to dream big and imagine the life you want to create for yourself. Then make sure you create step by step goals in order to get you there.” – Kim
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- Kim’s website – Physio2U
- Physio2U on Facebook
- Kim on Instagram
- Physio2U on LinkedIn
- Kim’s YouTube
- If you listen to my podcast, take a picture of you listening and tag me on Instagram @KrisPlachyCoach.
- Please write a review of my podcast. Go to iTunes’ main page and give it a 5 star if you feel it is worthy and write a review. Do a screen shot and go to Instagram and put that on your story or feed and tag me @KrisPlachyCoach. I will then send you a list of all of my most favorite books that I’ve read over the years.
- If you’d like to work with me, go here. We’ll either schedule an appointment or I’ll direct you to a resource, if it’s not me, that can help you with what you’re looking for.
- Reach out to me by emailing me at email@example.com.
- Haven’t joined my email subscribers list? You can do that here.