Behavior is born out of emotions. So, whatever you feel drives your behavior – your actions in the world. And the only thing that we all can assess about one another is our actions. When a leader is cruel or mean, that’s someone who doesn’t know how to manage an ego, who doesn’t have self-awareness.
One of the cornerstones of effective leadership is self-awareness. So today we’re talking about leaders taking responsibility for their space and not holding other people accountable for their emotional health.
What you’ll find in this episode:
- All I experience from you are the words that come out of your mouth, the tone that’s in your voice, the things you do with your body.
- Why, if you’re in a position of authority, there’s no reason for you to use the negative emotion that translates into unmanaged behavior.
- How the thought model comes into play regarding self-awareness.
- Downton Abbey and not being a tool.
- Why leadership is harder than being powerful.
- How to tell when someone doesn’t have self-awareness on a regular basis.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- How to CEO Week – a 5 day mini-course that I will be teaching. We’re going to focus on doing a team audit on how to really create a team that you love. If you want to get on the wait list, you can go to howtoceoweek.com and put your name and info in and we will email the info to you. It will be a short course with a nominal fee.
- Come connect with me on Instagram here or on Facebook here.
- Let me know what questions you have or what you think at email@example.com
- I’d be honored, if you find this podcast of value, if you would write a review. Then DM me on Instagram or Facebook or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know it was you. Then we’ll send you my favorite books list!