Kris interviews an amazing team. Tami Ramsay and Krista Nye Nicholas are partners and principal interior designers of Cloth & Kind, a nationally recognized residential and commercial interior design studio.
BiographyAt their very core Tami Ramsay and Krista Nye Nicholas are curators and storytellers. Both inspired as children by their international travels and the natural world, they were invariably drawn to tell their stories through creation by incorporating the objects and relics of those experiences into their lives like talisman. The textiles from India became magical, the shells and rocks from Argentina became treasure chest bounty.
This early reverence for objects and the assignment of meaning to things found served as a telling precursor to embracing their true voice and vision for story telling through space.
Many life experiences later, they have come full circle. Their combined aesthetic is a unique confluence of the myriad inspirations encountered in the world, other cultures and in the simplicity of their daily lives. And like their lives, their creative vision always reaches for that splendid mix of layers, textures and art. At best, it is a playful intersection of what makes them deeply happy.
They parlay this vision into each project and engage their clients in a collaborative exercise so that in the end, together, they create spaces with history and heart, with story and substance.
What you’ll find in this episode:
- What their first thoughts were once they realized the pandemic was going to last more than a couple of weeks.
- How they are engaging with, and communicating with, their team now that so much has changed.
- What they are doing, and how they are using this time to make the best of it.
- Do they think selling is still okay? There’s a lot of shaming going on right now.
- What they’re doing that is helping their business pivot to adapt to the situation.
- Why now is a wonderful time to think about the future of your business.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- Website – Cloth & Kind
- Cloth & Kind on Instagram
- Cloth & Kind on Facebook
- My new program called Leading Through Crazy Times has started. We’ll cover the four essential areas you need to focus on as a leader: your brain, your plan, your focus and your team. This will include an employee kit (a special module with 8 lessons/insights for your team and anyone else you care about to share with freely), two coaching calls per week and Saturday calls every other weekend.
- Reply to any of my emails I send you or go to Instagram or Facebook and let me know how I can help. What are the top things that are on your mind?
- I read reviews on the show! If you like this podcast, please leave a review. Go to your podcast app and find the reviews section. Thank you!
- The Founder’s Lab is my private coaching program for female founders who are generating more than 7-figures in their revenue. It’s a complement to the Entrepreneurial Management program (with Brooke Castillo) and is a part of the work you get as a client of mine. This isn’t a “class.” I don’t give you copious tons of things to do. I give you the ones that matter and then we keep talking about them. We apply them. That’s why it’s called the Founder’s Lab.
- Go here to book an appointment with me.