Some leaders don’t find it difficult to manage people, but for others it seems to be this gut-wrenching thing. Being a good leader requires an ability to connect – to see and to be seen. Let’s talk about connecting and how courage and vulnerability come into play.
What you’ll find in this episode:
- To manage people, and have the kinds of conversations that good leaders need to have, requires a level of intimacy.
- Kris’s meaning of “intimacy.”
- Why intimacy requires vulnerability and, therefore, courage.
- Who you are, and how you’ve lived, is how you lead.
- As a leader you have a responsibility for the care of the emotional health and the thinking of people who work for you.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- We created a quiz to help determine what stage of team management you’re in. Go here to take the quiz and we’ll give you the video series I created on How to Write a CEO Job Description.
- By the end of this week, we’ll be releasing information about our new, live course called How to CEO for Entrepreneurs. People on the waitlist will benefit from some early registration perks, so sign up today at how2ceo.com.
- Let me know what questions you have or what you think at email@example.com
- Follow me on Instagram and send me a DM.
- I’d be honored, if you find this podcast of value, if you would write a review. Then DM me on Instagram or Facebook or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know it was you. Then we’ll send you my favorite books list!