If you are a female entrepreneur, and you are either working with, or want to work with, your spouse, there are some absolute fundamentals we need to address.
What you’ll find in this episode:
- A marriage operates very differently than a business.
- You need to have clearly defined roles in the business for each of you.
- Have a clear definition of who does what and who owns what and what decisions each of you make.
- Decide how you will communicate and have a scheduled, dedicated assigned time and a clear agenda; no after-hours discussions.
- Talk about how you’re going to disagree; decide what the process will be.
- Have clear values, a clear vision and a clear manifesto.
- Have a conversation about how you want to be as leaders and managers of this business.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- Kris’ previous podcast “Create a Job Description”
- If you’d like to work with me in my group for female entrepreneurs, I’m doing 20-minute consults right now with women who have their own business who are generating a $1M or more in revenue and who want to work through specific challenges. This group launches soon and will consist of very small groups of successful entrepreneurial women meeting weekly for an hour for coaching. Come and ask questions about the challenges you’re facing as a female entrepreneur and I coach you through those to find solutions. It’s powerful to be with others like you and to know you’re not alone. Go here and set up a time to meet with me.
- If you like the podcast, please post a comment or review on Apple Podcasts.
- Reach out to me by emailing me at email@example.com.
- If you haven’t joined my email subscribers list, you can do that here.