In order to build a team performance culture, you have to have a mindset around why you are adding people to your business that supports what you’re trying to do in the long term. Your culture is not driven from the bottom up. It’s driven from you down.
What you’ll find in this episode:
- How knowing your vision, values and expectations comes into play.
- The definition of team “performance culture” according to Kris.
- How the culture you have with your team is a direct result of your own thinking about the team.
- Hiring people who are better than you doesn’t mean to give them free reign.
- A key turn is going from “I’m hiring someone to work for me” to “I’m hiring someone to get results for me and to help me scale and think.”
- Your assignment after listening to this podcast – write down how you would describe your team culture and why it is that way.
- Then, if you would want it to be different than it is – what would you want it to be? Why? And what are the thoughts you need to believe about team members that will get you there?
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- Quotes – “Who you started with won’t be who you finish with.” “You’re only as good as your weakest or lowest performing employee.”
- Team management strategy days are coming this year in select locations where you can schedule a day to spend with me. If that interests you, email firstname.lastname@example.org, and say, “I would like to be on the short list for a strategy day.” Please put in the body of your email where in the world you are.
- Follow me on Instagram here @KrisPlachyCoach.
- I read reviews on the show! If you like this podcast, please leave a review. Go to your podcast app and find the reviews section. Thank you!
- The Founder’s Lab is my private coaching program for female founders who are generating more than 7-figures in their revenue. It’s a complement to the Entrepreneurial Management program (with Brooke Castillo) and is a part of the work you get as a client of mine. This isn’t a “class.” I don’t give you copious tons of things to do. I give you the ones that matter and then we keep talking about them. We apply them. That’s why it’s called the Founder’s Lab.
- Go here to book an appointment with me.