So, you’re thinking about promoting someone in your business. How do you know if it’s really time – if they’re really ready? CEOs need some kind of litmus test to use when they’re considering promoting someone. Here’s the test!
What you’ll find in this episode:
- You should have a clear job description for this person’s current role – clear goals, and some sort of measurement process that you’re following to tell you if this person is performing well in their current job.
- Define the new role – a clear job description, the key objectives, and day-to-day responsibilities.
- Interview that person against the new job description.
- Have them do a project as a test.
- The final hurdle – they must have a track record of consistent success.
- Pay them based on the role they’re going into, not based on what they’re making now.
- Who you promote speaks volumes about who you are and what you value.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- If you write a review of my show on your favorite podcast service, I’m going to send you a beautiful, white, embossed How to CEO journal as a thank you (sorry, we can only mail them in the U.S.). Take a screenshot of that review and then you can share it on Instagram (tag me @krisplachycoach) or you can email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to CEO – register during the month of June and you’ll receive the Empathic CEO course for free. Go to howtoCEOregister.com. All the information is there, and you can schedule an appointment to chat with my client engagement director, Amy.
- Come connect with me on Instagram here or on Facebook here.
- Let me know what questions you have or what you think at email@example.com
- I’d be honored, if you find this podcast of value, if you would write a review. Then DM me on Instagram or Facebook or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know it was you. Then we’ll send you my favorite books list!